Guidelines for submitting your work to VisMet
Upload terms & conditions
By sending your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you should not send your work to VisMet.
By sending your image (“Content”), you acknowledge that you are over eighteen (18), that you have the full rights to upload your Content and that uploading your Content on this Site will not violate or infringe the rights of any third person, including but not limited to, rights in copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.
You further declare that you will not upload any Content that is defamatory, obscene, in violation of any law, or contains any viruses, "worms", "trojan horses", or any other harmful or destructive properties.
You grant to VisMet a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to publish and annotate the images on the VisMet website, which is created for scientific, educational, and non-commercial purposes. You also authorize the VisMet team and the users of this database to analyze and use your image for academic purposes, and to reprint it in scholarly (academic) papers to be submitted for publication to scientific journals, to advance scientific knowledge in the field of metaphor studies.
Finally, we reserve the right to refuse the uploading or listing of your Content or to remove and/or delete your Content at any time, for any reason without any notice.
You agree that you shall have no recourse against VisMet for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to VisMet. For any doubt or misunderstanding, please contact us.
To submit your work simply email it to email@example.com.
Please send jpegs of 1 MB or bigger in attachment to a short email, provided with the following information:
- Copyright owner
- Do you have acquired the right from the Copyright owner to upload this image on www.vismet.org? (yes/no)
- Brand (only for Ads and social campaigns)
- Text in the image
- Text outside the image
- Not all submissions are automatically posted. We will carefully consider the image and decide whether it actually contains a visual metaphor.
- Publication is permanent; we suggest that you obtain all necessary approvals prior to submitting any content.
- If you have questions, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer your questions.